Most companies and brands, especially, are extremely interested in consumers’ behaviour. And when it comes to consumers behaviour, spending statistics are king. In the full report, you will learn all the most important consumer statistics that will change or shape your marketing plan, advertising campaign or even your business strategy.
Consumer’s habits have changed dramatically over the last two decades mainly due to the fact that digital shopping seems to be gaining more market to traditional market places such as brick and mortar businesses and shopping centres.
E-commerce has grown every year during the last decade and experts predict that it will keep growing within the next years too.
The latest report from the Office for National Statistics was released in December 2019 ( for the first quarter of 2020, we will need to wait a bit, partly due to the coronavirus crisis ).
In the United States, online retailers generate over $1,800 a year for each customer.
STATISTICS – FACT
For more information on online consumer statistics by country please see the summary below.
- Top Consumer Statistics
- Average Consumer Spent Growth
- Retail Spending Habits online
- How Americans spend their money?
- Consumer spending by generation
- How Millennials spend their money
- Total expenditure in the United Kingdom
- Who makes spending decisions?
- Fashion spending by country
- Online consumers spending statistics
- What consumers buy online
- How do consumers buy groceries
- eCommerce is on the way to become king
Top Consumer Statistics
- E-commerce sales in the United Kingdom hit 586 billion pounds in 2017.
- Housing account for 33% of the total expenses for each person.
- Generation Z makes 358 transactions a year.
- Women wear the trousers when it comes to buying.
- Ecommerce retail sales will grow 10.9% this year, to reach £106.46 billion ($141.93 billion) and 22.3% of total retail.
- 82% of people in the United Kingdom made purchases online.
- After all, almost eight in 10 retail pounds spent are in physical stores.